[Typo3-typo3org] TER 2.0 - updated concept!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Apr 27 12:51:23 CEST 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> In my view every extension author can access a page on doc.typo3.org
> where he has a selector box to select his extension key desired and a
> simple upload box which allows him to upload the SXW - and thats it.

Yes, I'm fine with that. But behind the scenes the documentation must be
mirrored as well - how?

> Also, I don't see why we should go to great lengths to keep various
> versions of documentation for people. In my view there is only ONE TSref
> available for download and if people need an older one they should have
> downloaded it in time.

TSref is a special case.

Imagine there is a new version of tt_news or templavoila which requires
TYPO3 3.9.0 but you can't upgrade to 3.9.0 because some extensions you need
are not compatible with the new version. Then you have to use a previous
version of tt_news or templavoila and need the related manual as well.

--
robert