[Typo3-typo3org] TER 2.0 - updated concept!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 26 14:24:34 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 12:48, Sven Wilhelm wrote:

> > That is something to start with but of course it's not complete yet. If
> > you like you could try to create a complete extensions.xml and then ask
> > for feedback so we can discuss what you did?
>
> That was only thought as a start. The idea is to have an alternative to
> the ext_em.conf on a xml base. Will review it an the discuss it.

Good.

> Only DTD or Schema makes sense (widely used standards). For that task
> Schema makes no sense as it complicates the whole task. The definition
> will be a really small one, so a DTD should be enough (as long as we
> have one :)

Yes ... but we should try to take a general decision, not only for this case.
If you say that DTD covers all our needs for other XML definitions as well,
let's go for it. On the other hand I heard lots of good things about RELAX-NG
which would be my favourite - but I'm not that experienced with schemes of
course ...

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association