[Typo3-typo3org] Hosting the TYPO3 sites

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.org
Mon Apr 11 18:18:49 CEST 2005

Hi Mattes,

> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> And this is exactly what has NOT happened. The offer from punkt.de is older
>> than the active membership of Juergen in the T3A, in fact older than the
>> T3A itself. Don't put up wrong assumptions and/or accusations.
>
> I think this it what's going wrong.
> T3A thinks things in direction A but they come out wrong in direction B.
> This is something the T3A cannot really control.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it
and then misapplying the wrong remedies." Groucho Marx

>> And as has been said, noone will forget what JH did and still does for
>> TYPO3, he is involved in the discussion, and everything is as transparent
>> as it can get (we hope, if not, please tell us!).
>
> No offense, but still noone really said something about the reasons to
> change the hoster.
> The problems are coming from design flaws in typo3 (because noone ever
> expected the boom we are encountering now).
> If those flaws are gone, there should be no problems anymore.

As far as i can see, Robert's plan is not to abandon hosting with
netfielders altogether, but shifting parts and thus spreading/minimizing the
risk of bad quality of service. Everyone will benefit from that, including
JH.

I think that makes for a good idea regardless of the current problems being
solved.

Anyway, you argument was about politics and I believe the decision should
not be about for or against JH/.punkt.de, but what optimal, least risky
situation can be reached.

The #1 option for convincing people that this is right way to go, is to do
it and be successful, i.e. Providing flawless stability and performance.

Regardless, may be anyone has some suggestion how matters like this should
be decided and communicated on some meta-level? We have discussed that as
well and i would like to find out what you people that take active interest
think.

Cheers

Daniel

--