[Typo3-typo3org] TYPO3.org: Upgrade

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Fri Apr 1 20:40:37 CEST 2005

* Robert Lemke <robert at typo3.org> [050401 12:13]:
> As mentioned by Michael Hirdes in a different thread: My dream is having a
> site called monitor.typo3.org with nice statistics about *all* official TYPO3
> sites. And that monitoring should also include the TER in the future.

Yes, but one is not enough IMHO. We where DOSed today and so as we
tested if external servers where there, it reported, that they are
gone, but all what was gone was the DOSed machine on its own.

So IMHO if one want it 100% perfect you need *some* testing
servers, that giva alert if more of them is gone. I *think* I
have see such a servicem, but cannot remember.

What we should keep i mind is that if we measure things, we *always*
masure both sites. Like if you say: This ping takes 30ms, all you
know is that is takes 30ms between those machines (which is fine),
but if its 500ms, you cannot say the other machine is wrong, because
your side also migh be in trouble, ...

Anyway: we shouls start, but keep this in mind.

> That's quite a project on it's own but I guess that it's really interesting
> and of course very useful. So if anyone of you *really* and honestly wants to
> lead such a project and put it into reality, please raise your hand and form
> a team.

Raise.

Juergen