[Typo3-typo3org] TYPO3.org: Upgrade

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 1 12:13:55 CEST 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 11:37, Bodo Eichstädt wrote:

>  BTW: it's always a good idea to seperate devel and live installation ;-)

I know. But alone copying typo3.org takes a few hours because the database is
almost 1 GB ...

> > and maybe something like a unit
> >test which at least checks some pages and connects to the TER.
> >
> >Idea: Someone with Nagios and scripting knowledge could write a service
> >which checks the most vital parts of various typo3 sites.
>
> I have already some mon-Scripts running. I will implement such
> monitoring on one of my machines tonight. Perhaps as suggested with nagios.

As mentioned by Michael Hirdes in a different thread: My dream is having a
site called monitor.typo3.org with nice statistics about *all* official TYPO3
sites. And that monitoring should also include the TER in the future.

That's quite a project on it's own but I guess that it's really interesting
and of course very useful. So if anyone of you *really* and honestly wants to
lead such a project and put it into reality, please raise your hand and form
a team.

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association