[TYPO3-hci] Combine page and list module into one module

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Wed May 14 00:07:10 CEST 2008

Hi Uschi,
Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Here is my scenario. In our university site each main subsection (we
> call them 'subsites') will have a SysFolder called 'Snippets' to store
> Content Elements that need to be shown on more than one page in that
> part of the tree and you only want to update once.
> Because the snippet folder concept is meant for the whole site, I can
> document this for my authors and people who are allowed to edit stuff in
> more than one subsite will always find their way.
>
> Dmitry mentioned another scenario  of displaying a random CE out of a
> list of CEs stored in a SysFolder.
>
> Does this make sense to you?

Unfortunately not. I assume the position of these CE's is always the
same. (they always appear in the same column or element on the website)
Then why don't just keep them within a page at the correct position from
that they can be taken randomly or alike. Or isn't it possible to take
these contents from a page in order to display them on other pages as well?

+ A page can be documented the same way.

Greetings,
Andreas