[TYPO3-hci] Combine page and list module into one module

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue May 13 09:50:24 CEST 2008

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> Hi,
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i think same way. there is a big difference in both views, and this
>> makes absolutely sense.
> But in which scenarios do they make sense? Personally I can't imagine of
> any that makes list module superior when managing page content elements.

Here is my scenario. In our university site each main subsection (we
call them 'subsites') will have a SysFolder called 'Snippets' to store
Content Elements that need to be shown on more than one page in that
part of the tree and you only want to update once.
Because the snippet folder concept is meant for the whole site, I can
document this for my authors and people who are allowed to edit stuff in
more than one subsite will always find their way.

Dmitry mentioned another scenario  of displaying a random CE out of a
list of CEs stored in a SysFolder.

Does this make sense to you?

Prosit, Uschi