[TYPO3-hci] Combine page and list module into one module

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Mon May 12 15:01:08 CEST 2008

Hi,
Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Andreas Balzer wrote:
> Because it is a List module: it provides the same functionaly to all
> records in the system.
But does this make sense? If offers you a not so user friendly view on
pages for simple page content elements.

> Sorry, no go. There are use cases when content element must be in
> sysfolders to be selected randomly (or with certain logic) to be
> presented on pages.
Isn't that possible with pages as well?

  > I see no any real reason for this as well. "Do not implement a feature
> just because you can" principle.
Developper is speaking, right?
Not everything that can be implemented or is implemented is actually
good in terms of usuability. And you wouldn't care if you have used T3
with such a restriction for some days.

> No, because it is a List module. It manages all records by design.
see above

> And how do you plan to manage domain records on pages then?
As an example it can be done like aliases are managed.. In the page header.
> I do not like the changes because they do not really help in my opinion.
> They also remove big flexibility of TYPO3.
They just remove the flexibility to create contents everywhere and limit
the places to those that are useful.

Andreas