[TYPO3-hci] Combine page and list module into one module

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 12 15:53:58 CEST 2008

Hi!

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> But does this make sense? If offers you a not so user friendly view on
> pages for simple page content elements.

It does because what how it should be by definition in List module. It *lists* _all_ records for the current page.

This module is supposed to be technical, not used friendly. The other problem is that it is used for making news and other records, which should have their own managing modules... But this is truly another problem.

>> Sorry, no go. There are use cases when content element must be in
>> sysfolders to be selected randomly (or with certain logic) to be
>> presented on pages.
> Isn't that possible with pages as well?

Possible bug logically wrong. Page can be displayed by itself. Sysfolder is a container.

>  > I see no any real reason for this as well. "Do not implement a feature
>> just because you can" principle.
> Developper is speaking, right?
> Not everything that can be implemented or is implemented is actually
> good in terms of usuability. And you wouldn't care if you have used T3
> with such a restriction for some days.

Not developer... User, actually. Making changes just because you (me, John Doe, ...) can is bad. When users are used to something, changes should be made extremely carefully.

> They just remove the flexibility to create contents everywhere and limit
> the places to those that are useful.

Dno't use this feature if you do not want to. Hide it with TSConfig. But don't remove it for users who want to use it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team