[TYPO3-hci] Make Sysfolder appears as Web Module

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Fri Mar 21 15:33:15 CET 2008

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
> Patrick Gaumond wrote:

>> Feature: Make Sysfolder appears as Web Module
>>
>> Scenario: Simplification for tt_news editors.
>> For someone new to TYPO3, having to select a sysfolder in "list mode"
>> is a bit strange at first. Why isn't a module, why is it mixed with
>> pages ? It's not intuitive to first select "List" then navigate the
>> pagetree to find where the news records are "hidden".
>>

> What about existing system extension "sys_action"?

Yes somewhat sys_actions does the trick but I was aiming at easier to
set options.

> Additionally you can hide sysfolders in pagetree already with following
> User TS:
> options.hideRecords.pages = [pids of pages in the tree you want to hide]

Never used that one. Thanks for the tip!

> With "sys_action" and "options.hideRecords.pages" backend can be really
> simplified.

Every step in making BE easier for Editors is something good for TYPO3.
Those editors are key players in most large projects as we all know.

> One thing I dislike however is that if you do
> "options.hideRecords.pages" then the page is not available in "record
> browser". That means that for example editor can not select "news
> relation/connection".
> There should be different settings for "page tree" and "record browser"
> in options.hideRecords.pages.

Any proposal you can think of ? That could be a first step to add those
in the bugtracker.

Patrick