[TYPO3-hci] 4 points in classic BE

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Wed Feb 6 08:17:13 CET 2008

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> 1- Too many options.
> Can we remove at least the big button per default ?

One way to get rid of too many button could be to show them only at
demand (onmouseover for example).
Here is the example:
http://www.typo3cms.pl/fileadmin/pliki/rollover_opacity.htm

The "web -> page view" looks much cleaner with all than CE buttons
almost not visible (opacity = .1)

> 2- "Default Text", "Default Filelinks"
> Can someone tell me why we need to first write "default" ? Do we help
> someone by pointing that these are default tt_content type ?

This is very confusing indeed. "Default" here means default language. I
would:
a) remove it if there is only one language in the system
b) make it a flag only if there is more than one language in the system

Right now you can use:
mod.SHARED.defaultLanguageLabel = something1

But this allows to show "something1 (Default)". So "(Default)" is
added automatically if you change the "default" :)

> 3- Index: Yes
> Again. Do your users care?
> Exception would be the hack with sitemap/internal intrapge links where
> you have "Section index (pagecontent w/Index checked)" and need to know
> why few content element don't show up.

+1 for not showing "Index: Yes" as pages are indexed in 99%

So if there is no information "Index: Yes" that should means that the
page is indexed. It much better to show only: "Index: No".

> What's the difference ?
> Hide it per default and let people use the new menu instead?
> We don't have "This page, 1-2-3 level down" option with the new menu.

+1 for making it visible on "onmouseover" or "onclick"

I would make it "onmouseover" or "onclick" visible as searching is not
used so often. The same way as "Filter" that is "onclick" in new page
tree.in 4.2.
Search "This page" is essential.

--
grtz