[TYPO3-hci] 4 points in classic BE

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Thu Feb 7 01:54:26 CET 2008

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:

> One way to get rid of too many button could be to show them only at
> demand (onmouseover for example).
> Here is the example:
> http://www.typo3cms.pl/fileadmin/pliki/rollover_opacity.htm

In fact, it's your little Flash demo that made me look again. It's
amazing how we get used to this clutter...

I'm just not sure that I like the hidden info... I'm like 50% for it but
can't decide. Maybe we could add it per default and then add a TSconfig
to get rid of it.

>> 2- "Default Text", "Default Filelinks"
>> Can someone tell me why we need to first write "default" ? Do we help
>> someone by pointing that these are default tt_content type ?
>
> This is very confusing indeed. "Default" here means default language. I
> would:
> a) remove it if there is only one language in the system
> b) make it a flag only if there is more than one language in the system

Yes!

>> 3- Index: Yes
> +1 for not showing "Index: Yes" as pages are indexed in 99%
>
> So if there is no information "Index: Yes" that should means that the
> page is indexed. It much better to show only: "Index: No".

I would not show it at all except in list view where a power user could
display the info if needed.

>> What's the difference ?
>> Hide it per default and let people use the new menu instead?
>> We don't have "This page, 1-2-3 level down" option with the new menu.
>
> +1 for making it visible on "onmouseover" or "onclick"
>
> I would make it "onmouseover" or "onclick" visible as searching is not
> used so often. The same way as "Filter" that is "onclick" in new page
> tree.in 4.2.
> Search "This page" is essential.

I would prefer just the new Menu Search as long as we have a way to
specify how deep we want our search.

Thanks for your comments !

Patrick