[TYPO3-hci] 4 points in classic BE

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Wed Feb 6 04:43:39 CET 2008

Quick ideas from a recent conversation with a friend:

Watch the enclosed gif.

1- Too many options.
Can we remove at least the big button per default ?

2- "Default Text", "Default Filelinks"
Can someone tell me why we need to first write "default" ? Do we help
someone by pointing that these are default tt_content type ?

3- Index: Yes
Again. Do your users care?
Exception would be the hack with sitemap/internal intrapge links where
you have "Section index (pagecontent w/Index checked)" and need to know
why few content element don't show up.

What's the difference ?
Hide it per default and let people use the new menu instead?
We don't have "This page, 1-2-3 level down" option with the new menu.

Whatdoyouthink ?

Patrick