[TYPO3-hci] BE-pages reloaded

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Nov 15 18:19:35 CET 2007

Hi,

"Malte Jansen" <mail at maltejansen.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195132160.907.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
>> * "Include subpages" - this is only implemented for access atm (where
>> it's also), so this would be a new option needs a patch.
>>
> Yes, a patch is needed. But it would increase the usability, because
> nobody realy knows, how the "inculded subpages" work. See the different
> thread. In the new version it would be self-explaining and don't have to
> put start & end to the access part, which is the main problem.
>
> If I'm visiting a page I want to know why. If the page does not exists or
> I have to login to get access. But this is an other aspect.
>
>> * navigation - target: what do you expect? target only make sense with
>> shortcut or external url
>>
> You can use target for frames...

who uses frames nowadays? :-)
Is it allowed to use the word frame in HCI-list? :D

>> * localisation in Standard: +1
>>

>> * login_mod: lets give some notes. There are three values
>> (blank/disable/enable) which is nonsense, should be a check. Also the
>> label is irretating, noone will understand the meaning. I'm not sure,
>> Franz told me the Cache-issue, but i don't find any further
>> informations - they are needed to give a good label here.
>
> That was our problem too. So we put it there.

would be nice to have the infos of the one who implemented it. I will ask in
dev-list to clearify.

>> * publish/unpublish - i'm not really glad with these labels, also with
>> the radios, maybe someone has an additional idea
> In our discussion we didn't check, how it will look....
>
> Other ideas was online/offline or actived/disabled.
> But hide is misleading to 'not in menu'
>
> There could be checkbox.
> But the problem is that, this field is a negation.
> Perhaps thould could be a checkbox, which switches the value.

we have to be careful because this option is used in all records. So there
is a difference to hide a page, which really means "off and not in menu" and
a single record, which is only hidden. So i'm not sure if "hide" fits it
most.

vg  Steffen