[TYPO3-hci] BE-pages reloaded

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Nov 15 14:09:21 CET 2007

Hi,

> * "Include subpages" - this is only implemented for access atm (where it's
> also), so this would be a new option needs a patch.

Yes, a patch is needed. But it would increase the usability, because
nobody realy knows, how the "inculded subpages" work. See the different
thread. In the new version it would be self-explaining and don't have to
put start & end to the access part, which is the main problem.

If I'm visiting a page I want to know why. If the page does not exists
or I have to login to get access. But this is an other aspect.

> * navigation - target: what do you expect? target only make sense with
> shortcut or external url

You can use target for frames...

> * localisation in Standard: +1
>

> * login_mod: lets give some notes. There are three values
> (blank/disable/enable) which is nonsense, should be a check. Also the label
> is irretating, noone will understand the meaning. I'm not sure, Franz told
> me the Cache-issue, but i don't find any further informations - they are
> needed to give a good label here.

That was our problem too. So we put it there.

> * publish/unpublish - i'm not really glad with these labels, also with the
> radios, maybe someone has an additional idea
In our discussion we didn't check, how it will look....

Other ideas was online/offline or actived/disabled.
But hide is misleading to 'not in menu'

There could be checkbox.
But the problem is that, this field is a negation.
Perhaps thould could be a checkbox, which switches the value.