[TYPO3-hci] BE-pages reloaded

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Fri Nov 16 09:41:49 CET 2007

Hi,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> who uses frames nowadays? :-)
> Is it allowed to use the word frame in HCI-list? :D
No comment to that ;)

>>> * localisation in Standard: +1
>>>
>>> * login_mod: lets give some notes. There are three values
>>> (blank/disable/enable) which is nonsense, should be a check. Also the
>>> label is irretating, noone will understand the meaning. I'm not sure,
>>> Franz told me the Cache-issue, but i don't find any further
>>> informations - they are needed to give a good label here.
>> That was our problem too. So we put it there.
>>
> would be nice to have the infos of the one who implemented it. I will ask in
> dev-list to clearify.

After the explaintion a checkbox makes more sence...
But the

>>> * publish/unpublish - i'm not really glad with these labels, also with
>>> the radios, maybe someone has an additional idea
>> In our discussion we didn't check, how it will look....
>>
>> Other ideas was online/offline or actived/disabled.
>> But hide is misleading to 'not in menu'
>>
>> There could be checkbox.
>> But the problem is that, this field is a negation.
>> Perhaps thould could be a checkbox, which switches the value.
>
> we have to be careful because this option is used in all records. So there
> is a difference to hide a page, which really means "off and not in menu" and
> a single record, which is only hidden. So i'm not sure if "hide" fits it
> most.

What about we divide the Pages and Content to checkbox labeling
"Offline" and for all other tables leave it for "hide".
Every author can use a label for is purpose. So this discussion should
find some better wordings for "Content" and "Pages". For the $TCA it is
still the same: hidden.

Perhaps the "lamp"-symbol should be replace, because for a newbie this
symbol is not clear and self-explaining.

Cheers,

Malte