[TYPO3-hci] some wordings from BE

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Nov 14 11:30:12 CET 2007

Hi Ingo,

>> I'd rename the tab 'access' to 'visibility' and build two groups in it.
>> - group one: visibility settings (hide,start,stop)
>> - group two: access settings (fe_groups,login mode,include subpages)
>
> no, because:
>
> in fact they are all real access! settings.
> visibility is true for things like "not in menu": you can't see the page
> in menus but it's still accessible through links and such
>
> all the mentioned settings will result in the page not being in menu
> *and* not being accessible (throwing 404 if configured)
>
> This is why Access is the only correct name. Also: the hide option must
> stay on the general tab as it's used too often and is available for all
> types (general) but is not inherited to sub pages like the other options.
>
> hope this makes some things clear.

thanks - haven't seen it from that point of view - but you can look at
it from both sides - a more technical and from the side of a visitor. In
general we should not label things by their technical background but by
the way the editor/visitor experiences their functionality. TYPO3 should
become more userfriendly.

When 'hide' is a access setting, why is a word used that reflects
visibility (from a non technical view)? The page is not only 'not
visible' in the menu then, but in general not 'visible' for visitors.
Meaning it is completely 'deactivated'. So maybe 'deactivated' might be
a better label for it, or 'not published'?

--
Greetings,
Franz