[TYPO3-hci] some wordings from BE

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Nov 14 11:01:43 CET 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Franz Koch wrote:
>
>> I'd rename the tab 'access' to 'visibility' and build two groups in it.
>> - group one: visibility settings (hide,start,stop)
>> - group two: access settings (fe_groups,login mode,include subpages)
>
> no, because:
>
> in fact they are all real access! settings.
> visibility is true for things like "not in menu": you can't see the page
> in menus but it's still accessible through links and such

Same point (see my other post)

> all the mentioned settings will result in the page not being in menu
> *and* not being accessible (throwing 404 if configured)

I don't know it it fits here but.

There are two level of 'access' for a normal server

1st level: "Publication/Public" -> 404 Not Found
hide,starttime,endtime

2nd level: "Access" -> 403 Forbidden (perhaps for some check 401
Unauthorized)
fe_groups,etc.

Perhaps "401 Unauthorized" fits for a page of the type "BE-User Section".

Cheers,

Malte