[TYPO3-hci] some wordings from BE

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Nov 14 10:46:23 CET 2007

Franz Koch wrote:

> I'd rename the tab 'access' to 'visibility' and build two groups in it.
> - group one: visibility settings (hide,start,stop)
> - group two: access settings (fe_groups,login mode,include subpages)

no, because:

in fact they are all real access! settings.
visibility is true for things like "not in menu": you can't see the page
in menus but it's still accessible through links and such

all the mentioned settings will result in the page not being in menu
*and* not being accessible (throwing 404 if configured)

This is why Access is the only correct name. Also: the hide option must
stay on the general tab as it's used too often and is available for all
types (general) but is not inherited to sub pages like the other options.

hope this makes some things clear.

all the best
Ingo

--