[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Nov 7 15:58:36 CET 2007

Hi Steffen,

> not only - there are so many options you learn when you need them. think of
> "all configuration" - i didn't used every option so there are some left i
> don't know.
> Think about possibilities of userTS or pageTS, i only know the ones i used
> or read somewhere, but never have all in my mind.
> The docs are still there, but noone read them from a to z, only read the
> section of the personal need.

and that's the problem - you would use a lot more options/functions if
you would know that they existed - even when you already searched for
them and didn't find the proper one. TYPO3 has such a lot nice and
useful features, but the documentation or references are way to huge and
hard to read (or even incomplete) - so the configuration must become a
lot more selfexplaining and easier to handle. Maybe by tagging
functions, grouping them by usecases or whatever. Some is probably
available somewhere, but the average user doesn't know.
Sometimes you simply don't find the right option because you don't know
what to search for - so tagging or whatever might be useful, or a search
function in the refs.

Think about the following:
You would like to alter the rendering of a selectbox in BE-forms, but
where to start looking? Wouldn't it be nice if you could go to a page
called 'configuration guide' on TYPO3.org.

- select the main branch 'appearance' of the guide (appearance,rights,...)
- then select 'backend'
- then 'forms'
- then 'selectboxes'
- and read how to add or remove entries in selectboxes or how to change
the labels
- oh, what is this - some user comments with usecases?
- hmm, related configuration options? Ah, nice.

You get the point.
--
Greetings,
Franz