[TYPO3-hci] Better handling of TCE-forms

Jens Hoffmann jens at typo3.org
Fri Nov 2 21:12:19 CET 2007

Hy,

Sorry, but this doesn't sounds like a HCI task. It sounds like
a technical problem and should be discussed at the DEV list.
I'm sure the is/was some logical reason for the JS solution.
I don't think I'm the right guy for this topic.

What I could say to the forms in the BE:

1. The Forms are bad/not good grouped.
2. Some of them got really bad wording/topics.
3. The Checkbox in front of a input field is very easy to missanderstand.
4. The "Second/Advanced Options" should be drawn inline.
5. I'm missing, self explaining error messages for the validation.
6. No API for the form generation .. so devs. are able to create custom solutions.
    This is quite bad! Because we get an inconsistent Backend over extensions.

HCI is generally not about code :)
But I will give Benny a hint.

Greez Jens