[TYPO3-hci] HCI team revived

Jens Hoffmann jens at typo3.org
Fri Nov 2 08:18:42 CET 2007

Hy Folks,

I will open up the HCI-Team Page at TYPO3.org in the near future.
Right now I'm focused, with a small Team, on Usability Improvements
for 4.2. It's quite a bit work. :)

The main Topic for 4.2 is "Cleaner Backend". Which means:
1. Remove/Restructure existing things before ...
2. We implement new things. This will maybe hit the next version.

I will announce the actual Team-Members here and on the new site,
if the Team is in a final building phase. And also how to get into
the Team if some one is really interested in doing some work.

The CORE-Team has now a close relation to the HCI-Team! Everything
has to be done a bit more professional and official. Benni Mack and
me are the responsible contact persons between CORE and HCI. So we both
will take the final decisions. If some CORE member got HCI questions,
he could ask me through Benni and I will bring it into the official
HCI-Team. And if a HCI idea needs to be brought to the CORE, it has
to go thought the official HCI-Team, to me and I will push it through
Benni to the CORE team. So will avoid a one man show, nontransparent
"undercover" communication and a not so stringent TYPO3 interface.

This is new. So it has to be proved in a test phase for the beginning.
But we already do it like this right now and it seems to works quite well.
I hope it will be a great improvement for TYPO3, through this new
team structure and general work flow.

We got, just like the CORE-Team a public and a intern, closed list.
So we could take Ideas form the public HCI list to a next level and
than direct into the core team as a official statement.

I will keep you up to date and hoping for a productive HCI future.

Please don't send me HCI related things directly. Post them here to
the list. It will help the idea a lot more to be discussed be more
than two persons. ... But don't be shy to contact me in general. :)
I will try to do a god job as new HCI-Team leader.

Greez Jens

PS: If you like to clean up little things, post it to the list ... NOW! :)