[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue May 23 15:33:55 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> But why remove external and shortcut? At least the former is clearly
> distinct from other page types.

Isn't external just a shortcut to outside the page tree? I've never used
it, but I wonder why we can't treat it as a shortcut, and have a
shortcut tab where you can set the target and some options, etc.

> I have never used BE-user-section. Will I miss it?

Me neither.

> I don't think that mount-points should be merged into another page type.

What's the point of mount points? Isn't it just a shortcut of sorts...

> I rarely used spacer and recycler, but again I see no urge to remove them.

Features that are never used bloat the interface and make maintainance
harder. I'd be really interested in how many people have ever used moint
points, spacer and recycler (and would miss them for other reasons than
legacy...). Maybe we should make a survey of unused features...

Cheers,
Michael