[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue May 23 14:00:13 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> Hi *,
>
> just a few thoughts about making common tasks easier to solve by
> *removing* stuff from the BE:
>
> 1. Remove page types completely (except for sysfolders, see #2), only
> keep page properties. See the various questions about not-in-menu
> pagetype *and* the property hidden-in-menu, or the question whether
> shortcuts can have subtitles, etc. Basically, we should only have pages
> that have certain properties, and those should be nicely arranged in a
> tabbed interface.

Removing not-in-menu is already on the roadmap.

Advanced is easy merged when we use tabs.

But why remove external and shortcut? At least the former is clearly
distinct from other page types.

I have never used BE-user-section. Will I miss it?

I don't think that mount-points should be merged into another page type.

I rarely used spacer and recycler, but again I see no urge to remove them.

Masi