[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 23 16:00:46 CEST 2006

> Features that are never used bloat the interface and make maintainance
> harder. I'd be really interested in how many people have ever used
> moint points, spacer and recycler (and would miss them for other
> reasons than legacy...). Maybe we should make a survey of unused
> features...

Never used mount points, but spacers and recyclers are a must for sites with
more than just a few pages in the pagetree.

Spacers are useful in the BE for dividing pages on the same level of one
section in the pagetree into categories, which will give you a much better
overview.
You can even use Spacers with names like "Dont change anything beyond this
point" as a sticky note for a section of the page tree..

We use Recyclers very often and in most cases not just one.
For each DB mount that is assigned to a different BE usergroup there should
be at least one of them, and items and pages should be moved to these
recyclers instead of being deleted.
This way you can easily "undelete" items and pages without having to use
special extension and/or functions.

I like the idea of a survey, but it should contain at least 3 categories.

Example:

2.1.3 What about the taskcenter?

[  ]    Never used it - just kick it!
[  ]    Used it very often - please keep it!
[  ]    Would really love to use it - doesn't work properly!
        Please improve it!

Describe the reasons for your decision here:

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de