[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Jun 30 08:12:00 CEST 2006

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>
>>Michael Scharkow schrieb am 22.05.2006 17:53:
>>

>>>just a few thoughts about making common tasks easier to solve by
>>>*removing* stuff from the BE:
>>
>>Yeah, I like the concept.
>>

>>>1. Remove page types completely (except for sysfolders, see #2), only
>>>keep page properties. See the various questions about not-in-menu
>>>pagetype *and* the property hidden-in-menu,

partially agreed, but the advance of existing system is that
there are many icons, which change depending on situations.

Not in menu could is as such redundant, because there is
'hidden-in-menu', which does the same task *except*
it doesn't change the icon in the page tree.
If 'hidden-in-menu' could change icon for normal and standard pages,
when  'not in menu' is totally redundant.

>>>shortcuts can have subtitles, etc. Basically, we should only have pages
>>>that have certain properties, and those should be nicely arranged in a
>>>tabbed interface.

as such good idea to have tabs. tinyrte use in pop-up windows Windows XP
style nice tabs.