[TYPO3-hci] Backend forms

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Jun 2 13:21:43 CEST 2006

I see a link to the FE form ideas of ECT here. I would like to see
their concept implemented, even extended to a whole "wizard
framework" (supports usability I believe). Technically, the
implementation should be done well enough in objects to be ported
directly into v5.0 - then we don't waste time on that one

- kasper

On May 16, 2006, at 16:00 , Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> an important component that needs to be improved for HCI is the
> backend
> forms (TCEForms).
>
> The goals I'd propose to strive for are:
>  - "Nice and comfortable overall feeling when using the form"
>  - Least possible required clicks
>  - No form reloads
>
> And my wishes on the technology side:
>  - Instant (AJAX) feedback on evaluation errors
>  - Auto draft-saving preventing loss of data on browser crashes
>  - Inline adding/editing of 1:n relations (like one product has many
>    prices) without form reloads
>  - Possibility to template TCEForms to seamlessly integrate them in
>    Backend and Frontend applications
>
> To achieve those goals, TCEForms has to be completely refactored.
>
> cheers
> Ingmar

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"