[TYPO3-hci] "Places Containing TypoScript" (PCT)

Tue Jun 20 09:25:46 CEST 2006

Irene Höppner wrote:
>> This does not make things more translucent. This is a wording problem.
>> In my eyes TypoScript is the name of the language we are using for the
>> Page Template Section and the Page Config Section. Perhaps we could
>> call the other two Page Frontend Config and the other Page BE-Config.
>>
> You're completly right. The wording is confusing, and I like your idea
> of calling it frontend config and backend config.
>
> What is also hard to understand is, that TypoScript and TSConfig have
> nothing in common except for the syntax.
> Thinking... If it would not be TypoScript/TSConfig but XML for example
> there would be two completly different shemas or DTDs.
> Ppl would maybe call it the BE-DTD and the FE-DTD and wouldn't think
> about putting them together because they would know that's it's not the
> same just because both is XML.
>
> So, I guess, one very important part of increasing the usability of
> TypoScript & Co. is to check the wording and the documentation.

Yes let us do that. We could simply say:

* FE configuration
* BE configuration
* user configuration

But there are other ways of user configuration, too. So better keeping to
the name typoScript:

* FE typoscript, short FE-TS
* BE typoscript, short BE-TS
* user typoscript, short U-TS

I started a Wiki upon naming reformations:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Naming_reform

Regards

Elmar