[TYPO3-hci] "Places Containing TypoScript" (PCT)

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Jun 16 21:13:14 CEST 2006

Hi Joey,
JoH wrote:
>> I tried to analyse the ways of my brain.
>>
>> - I want to influence the appearance of my PAGE in the frontend.
>> - I have to CONFIGURE (predicate) my PAGE (direct object!)
>>      - for the BE (indirect object 1)
>>      - for the FE (indirect object 2)
>>
>> Now, if the basic task I have to perform is to configure my page, why
>> is it, that I have to go to page properties in order to do so for BE,
>> and to Web->Template, if want to do it for the FE?
>>
>> So from that point of view, Page TSConfig is in the wrong place, and
>> if it was up to me, I would put it under Web->Template, which then
>> would be divided into two sections:
>>
>> Frontend Configuration
>> Backend Configuration
>>
>> This way it would become quite clear
>> 1) that you have to do both
>> 2) where what is done
>>
>> It would be interesting to know the reason for putting it under page
>> properties in the first place. Perhaps I was putting 'INTERNALLY' into
>> capital letters, because I suspected technical reasons. Anyway, as I
>> told you, I am a newbie.
>
> Just for clarification:
> It's at "page properties" because TSconfig is a field of the "pages" table,
> while TS templates got their own table "sys_templates".

Thank you very much :)) So I suppose, it will cause problems to merge
those two visually, because the Page TSConfig dialogue will be the same
on each and every page, whereas the Page Template dialogue will change
dependent on whether the page already has a template or not? Perhaps a
tabbed version?

Ciao, Uschi