[TYPO3-hci] FE/BE Forms Library - two wishes

Mon Jun 19 18:30:14 CEST 2006

Sebastian Erlhofer wrote:
> But please don't forget that there is still plenty of one-to-many
> communication in the web (websites of organizations, companies, etc). So

Right. Having web 2.0 flexibility includes the possibility to set up a
traditional website with typical one to may communication.

By the way, organizations are a good example for customers needing much
more web 2.0 features. The activity of members flows in the ideal case
seamless from simple comment to full editors responsibility. A FE/BE
barrier hinders the linear development from a passive to an active member.
It devides every organization into consumers and suppliers. That should not
be the nature of an organization.

> What one could dream of is some kind of "smart editing", edit the
> content in FE-view, but having all options of the backend (e.g. the page
> tree). So perhaps something like the "view" entry in the menu.

This is also a good example. In the FE we already have a view upon the page
tree. We just call it menu here. It is sadly limited in it's features.

Think creative. Imagine to enable typical page tree features directly from
the FE menu steered by the visitors rights. It is a futuristic idea. It is
an example where a common library could provide both: full BE like tree,
simple FE like menu and anything in between.

Turn it again to the other side. Think FE and BE are build by principle of
the same stuff. Then we have the possibility to style the backend with all
the freedem we know from the FE.

Now the complete merge of FE and BE: The more rights a user has, the more
the FE starts looking like a classical BE. Certainly there should be a
simple switch to turn off the editor mode and see it in visitor mode.

Regards

Elmar