[TYPO3-hci] Improving news

Sebastian Erlhofer erlhofer at mindshape.de
Mon Jun 19 17:31:19 CEST 2006

Hello,

TT_News is without doubt one of the most used extensions. I think
usability should be evaluated / tested here too (Feel free to put in
your questions into the survey by the way -->
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Usability_Survey ).

In my eyes there are some usability problems with news. Perhaps we can
collect them (and then put them after discussion in the wiki) and try to
find improvements.

I will do some customer training those weeks and we will teach them
putting in news with TYPO3 (they are very novice users). I will talk to
them a bit about improving and put the outcoming into the wiki then.

Perhaps you have some experience / problems with news-usability we can
discuss previously here?

I - for example - could imagine that getting an own "news"-module in the
menu with its own view could improve usability (and that would
straighten out the "list-module" very much).

-sebastian