[TYPO3-hci] FE/BE Forms Library - two wishes

Mon Jun 19 16:54:16 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I agree basically, but want to point out that while the BE may rely on a
> bleeding-edge browser the FE should still serve old clients. And of

Exactly. This example shows the advantage to seperate the model aspect of a
form (evaluation) and the wiew aspect of a form (inputs). Here I say "model
aspect" not model, because from the overall point of view the whole form is
usallay be regarded as part of the view.

> course the design of BE and FE forms must be indepent (thought it may be
> the same if you wish). A unified behaviour is only of interest for editors.

Is a unique behaviour against anyones interest?

> Another thought: in the BE currently the form rendering is coupled to
> the TCA. This must go. The new TCA form rendering code may use a basic

This must stay. Forms generetion that is steered by TCA is not only usefull
in current backend. It would also be usefull for FE.

In 4.x BE and FE are still completly seperated for historical reasons.
Editors and readers. Our visions are more creative. Web 2.0 applications
are all exchange between different users, different servers, different
media. The model of FE and BE is quickly dissolving. Everybody is editor
everywhere.

Regards

Elmar