[TYPO3-hci] FE/BE Forms Library - two wishes

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jun 19 16:06:07 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> as a programmer I need to take it from the technical side. I abstract my
> wishes to this 2 points:

I agree basically, but want to point out that while the BE may rely on a
bleeding-edge browser the FE should still serve old clients. And of course
the design of BE and FE forms must be indepent (thought it may be the same
if you wish). A unified behaviour is only of interest for editors.

Another thought: in the BE currently the form rendering is coupled to the
TCA. This must go. The new TCA form rendering code may use a basic form
rendering lib that provides several types of input fields, but the calling
code or some child class must provide the data processing for the fields.

Masi