[TYPO3-hci] FE/BE Forms Library - two wishes

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 15:10:12 CEST 2006

Hello,

> 1.) The forms library should be the same for BE and FE extensions
>
> ** to flatten  the learning curve
> ** to reduce the costs of maintainance
> ** unify behaviour
> ** merging of FE and BE for comminty orientated applications  (web 2.0)

Agreed.

> 2.) Validation should happen on the server side
>
> ** works with JS off
> ** works for different types of clients in the same way (Webbrowser, XUL,
> Flash, KDE-client, Office plugins, ....)
> ** instant evaluation with AJAX is possible
> ** enables "accessible backends"
> ** reduces loading times (if AJAX is linked as a static file)

Also agree to all those. I hear there is a pretty sophisticated forms
library in the BE already, but I have been working on a FE one that is
pretty but still very early. It's pretty easy to extend and pretty easy to
configure, too.

Details are at
http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org:3000/cwt_community/wiki/formMessages
Again, very early blabla but might be useful as a base to build on.

Christoph