[TYPO3-hci] FE/BE Forms Library - two wishes

Mon Jun 19 01:13:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

as a programmer I need to take it from the technical side. I abstract my
wishes to this 2 points:

1.) The forms library should be the same for BE and FE extensions

** to flatten  the learning curve
** to reduce the costs of maintainance
** unify behaviour
** merging of FE and BE for comminty orientated applications  (web 2.0)

2.) Validation should happen on the server side

** works with JS off
** works for different types of clients in the same way (Webbrowser, XUL,
Flash, KDE-client, Office plugins, ....)
** instant evaluation with AJAX is possible
** enables "accessible backends"
** reduces loading times (if AJAX is linked as a static file)

Regards

Elmar