[TYPO3-hci] The Constant Triptichon

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Jun 16 00:29:46 CEST 2006

Quentin Dewhurst wrote:
> Its not front end editing I was alluding to - more the setting up and
> configuration of the templates and content areas themselves.  If the backend
> truly reflected the front end i probably wouldnt get comments from users of
> websites i have built in typo3 like - "how come the stuff that goes in the
> footer has to be put in the 'border' area."

Okay, so you're just talking about being able to re-label the BE columns
then, not changing the BE interface.

But then, you still have the problem with documentation having to be
specific for each user. For example, if you customized that users' BE,
and were on vacation when they wanted to know the answer to that
question, where would they turn? With the standardized BE, even if it's
a little weird, conceptually, to be putting footer content in the border
column, at least there exists 1000's of pages of documentation and hours
of video that the editor can learn from.

Alex