[TYPO3-hci] ajax and conservative skins?

Phillip t3hci at projekte.richdale.de
Thu Jun 15 00:53:49 CEST 2006

Am 14.06.2006 um 23:42 schrieb JoH:

> A third option might be a flash based client, which is something
> that would open up a lot of possiblities that you can only dream of
> while using an HTML based BE.
> But I guess this is too far away for 4.5.

Maybe true. But it's possible nonetheless. Only would it be pointless
without abstracting the backend imho. We should get so far that it's
entirely up to the client which data he calls and when. Of course
only the data the current user is allowed to see. A XML based
protocol of some sort for that would probably be best and allow for
various client technologies to choose from. Then again, Flash
Remoting would spare us that. But I don't know how far amfPHP is
ready for something like that.

Phillip