[TYPO3-hci] ajax and conservative skins?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Jun 14 00:39:14 CEST 2006

What you suggest sounds possible with MVC implemented. For 5.0 I'm
quite certain this is the way we will go. Maybe for 4.5 we will allow
an AJAX dependant backend (thereby moving further away from GET/POST
and lynx and blind people etc...)

- kasper

On Jun 13, 2006, at 22:20 , Andreas Balzer wrote:

> I first like to quote from the wiki:
>> When discussing concrete solutions we will need to know what
>> requirements to compatibility we operate within: (R&D committee has
>> final decision on this): All features must run in these browsers
>> regardless of platform (Kaspers suggestion):
>>
>>    * Konqueror (latest stable)
>>    * Safari (latest stable)
>>    * Mozilla/Firefox (1.xx+?)
>>    * MSIE (6.xx+?)
>>
>> Two-track principle for all basic functionality:
>>
>>    * Modern, AJAX whistle and bells (client validated) [inaccessible,
>> unreliable - but fun and fluent]
>>    * Conservative GET/POST (server validated) [accessible - but
> boring >and slow]
>>
>> Problems:
>>
>>    * Typical ActiveX/JavaScript/security/firewall settings that could
>> prevent features will require a fall back solutions?
>>
>> Backend Accessibility (blind people etc)?
>> http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag.php
>
> Well, what would you think about, if just the skin "plattform"
> would be
> changed? I mean not creating a skin that is only able to run in ajax
> capable browsers, but including classes for skins to use ajax. So just
> splitting the content output and input of BE into two areas:
> + use of ajax
> + use of GET/Post
>
> If we would do this, i think there would be many new skins. Of
> course we
>   could create an official ajax skin, but i think for 4.5 it's not
> really needed. We could invent a new skin for 5.0.
>
> By the way: I think, that __the server should__ validate all input
> data,
> not the unsecure browser.
>
> Greetings
> Andreas

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"