[TYPO3-hci] new install tool

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Sat Jun 10 18:08:24 CEST 2006

Hi!
As an usuability improvement it would be nice in my opinion, if the
install tool woulb be redesigned and restructured. What do i mean?
First of all we should get rid of this technical design. Second, the
design should focus on the point, where TYPO3 is able to "start".

I would like to see a progressbar showing how much time or steps it will
take to the end. A help that gives tips would be fine too. Automatic
tools like finding imagemagic (for example) would be nice (if someone is
not able to find it, but is sure to has it installed.)

And my wish for the structure: It should be possible to see everything
in a "wizard"-view. So that you change 1 part and then click on "Next".
(Of course it should be possible to return to the "old way"..)

What do you think?

Andreas