[TYPO3-hci] devilish details - improvement suggestions

Jacob Floyd techgurufloyd+typo3 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 00:34:22 CEST 2006

Johannes Reichardt wrote:
> TEMPLATE
> move setup field above constants - i guess 95% of the people use this
> field more often.

I don't think moving it is such a good idea (others have explained why).
However, to solve your problem, I have an alternative suggestion (other
than using the template module, which has also been suggested by others):

==A collapsing feature would be excellent in the backend.==
Put a plus/minus (depending on whether or not a field is 'collapsed') in
the header of the fields (see mock up screen shot at end of email)
Then people can hide the fields that get in their way.

Just putting the icon/link/whatever in the header to
collapse/un-collapse the field is a start. But to go even further, it
needs to be configurable by TSconfig (per user/group AND per page)

so two steps:
1) Icon that collapses/un-collapses in field header
2) Add TSconfig to control it

Enjoy,
Jacob Floyd

My screenshot mockup (collapseMockUp.jpg):
note the plus and minus on the right side of the field header. I copied
the plus/minus from the module list.