[TYPO3-hci] Backend in "Mambo"-Mode

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jun 2 20:04:27 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb am 02.06.2006 16:16:

>> What about having a sort of "semantic layer"? A place where to register
>> where e.g. news-items are stored (not only to tt-news, but globally),
>> and doing this so abstract, that an admin could easily create a new
>> interface for novice users with different content types.

> This is _exactly_ what "actions" can already do and has done for 4
> years. They are even available directly from the task center which is
> what comes closest to the "alternative start-up page" idea.
>
> I can only see that we miss to wrap it in eye candy - and of course
> teach some of you that it exists ;-)

True thing! This is something very useful but very very hidden.

For the impatient:

1) Install extension "sys_action"
2) Create a new record at root-level of type "Action".
3) Choose the Type "New Record", a place where the new news records are
to be placed and just records of type "News".
4) Assign it to some user-group that has "News" permissions in your system

That's it! Now login as a user in that group and check out your "User>
Tasks" module. You'll see the action you just created in place, the user
just has to click on it to create a new news.

Cheers,
Ernesto