[TYPO3-hci] Backend in "Mambo"-Mode

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Jun 2 16:16:00 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

Not that I'm against your general points of simplification, but now
this has been mentioned twice in variations:

> What about having a sort of "semantic layer"? A place where to
> register
> where e.g. news-items are stored (not only to tt-news, but globally),
> and doing this so abstract, that an admin could easily create a new
> interface for novice users with different content types.

This is _exactly_ what "actions" can already do and has done for 4
years. They are even available directly from the task center which is
what comes closest to the "alternative start-up page" idea.

I can only see that we miss to wrap it in eye candy - and of course
teach some of you that it exists ;-)

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"