[TYPO3-hci] Focus on the editors.

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Jun 2 16:07:29 CEST 2006

Hi Alex,

May I point out that workspaces effectively is disabled if you a)
disable access to draft-workspace for users/and groups and b) do not
create any custom workspaces; then only Live workspace is available
(= previous versions).

Setting that for an upgraded website is just two easy SQL-statements
run directly on the database! That is not an excuse not to upgrade.

For an upgraded 4.0 installation you will find that all be-users and
be-groups have access to the live and draft workspace. That is not
the case for new users you create inside 4.0 (AFAIK).

- kasper

On May 24, 2006, at 10:02 , Alex Heizer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Troels Kjær Rasmussen wrote:
>>
>> - Improvements in the workflow-system - by this I mean a more
>> intuative
>> approach to both workflows and workspaces.
>>

> To me, an improvement would be the ability to load or unload
> workspaces
> as needed for an installation, rather than per-user. We run a lot of
> multi-customer installs that can't be upgraded to 4.0 without going in
> and manually disabling workspaces for each user, since only one or
> two,
> if any, would ever want to use the workspaces.
>
> Workspaces is a great feature, and a lot of work's already been
> done on
> it, so I'm not saying it's useless (I've set up workflows before on
> 3.8.1 installations and it's really great). But for small clients with
> one editor and a few dozen pages at most, it would be nice to just
> enable/disable it for an installation and configure it only if you
> need
> it, rather than have it enabled by default and configure it to be
> disabled for all users.
>
> Alex

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"