[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jul 31 21:56:47 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
> On 7/31/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
>
>> > For example:
>> > [news:item_count=5:mode=summary]
>>
>> If you like this kind of config I recommend to forget Typo3.
>> IMO tha is too vulnerable solution.
>> And if you put much those kinds of configrations it is difficult
>> for newbees and the page control is not anymore really WYSIWYG.
>> IMO that is a bad solution.
>

> Well, this would be hidden behind the WYSIWYG editor. Instead of
> showing the [news] marker you show a nice News icon (click on it to
> configure)

how to put the icon to the page?

  or even the whole configuration dialog for the news plugin.
> Somehow I get the impression that you're trying to kill this idea no
> matter if it would work or not. A powerful editor can completely
> replace HTML and then it doesn't matter how the data is stored in the
> backend.

where to store configuration?
Into a huge config field?
How to put the config to the field if the button is in the middle
of the content?

If you put it among the HTML-content, it would be impossible to parse
the document, if there is very much config and and HTML mixed with
each others. Mixed HTML and config can allow just limited config.

How to load basic config for plugins?

TypoScript offers configurations, which you can't imagine.
This kind of config doesn't never satisfy needs of
Typo3 developers.

> You haven't commented on the layout table editor suggestion.

many people don't like layout tables - they want to use any
solution - tabless too - it is just too limited solution.

There should be no limitation how design the layout.