[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Waldemar Kornewald wkornew at gmx.net
Mon Jul 31 21:43:03 CEST 2006

On 7/31/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> > For example:
> > [news:item_count=5:mode=summary]
>
> If you like this kind of config I recommend to forget Typo3.
> IMO tha is too vulnerable solution.
> And if you put much those kinds of configrations it is difficult
> for newbees and the page control is not anymore really WYSIWYG.
> IMO that is a bad solution.

Well, this would be hidden behind the WYSIWYG editor. Instead of
showing the [news] marker you show a nice News icon (click on it to
configure) or even the whole configuration dialog for the news plugin.
Somehow I get the impression that you're trying to kill this idea no
matter if it would work or not. A powerful editor can completely
replace HTML and then it doesn't matter how the data is stored in the
backend.

You haven't commented on the layout table editor suggestion. It would
be possible to implement this for V4.5 because it's not too difficult
for someone who knows how to code it and it's not too far away from
the current system while still being an improvement.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald