[TYPO3-hci] Typoscript "Code-Editor"

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jul 31 09:07:44 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> - Semantics: Each object has a way to expose its "configuration".  This
> is what allows us to read out what properties can be set so we  can
> check semantics. Same API will deliver clearly defined data  types, full
> documentation for properties and might even give example  implementations.
> - TypoScript is renamed to "TypoConfig" which is what it really is.

Editing Typo3 TS templates has much semantics problems. Some labels are
really bad. I have not understood at all some default labels.
You as designer understand all - but some of the are extremely hard to
understand. I made into skin_grey_2 some label IMO better to understand.

for example 'after basedOn' - really ackward

I wondered what is 'basedOn' and, where it *relates with* - totally
missing understable *relation*

Word 'Constant' is problematic - if I understand correctly "constants"
are technically variables, not really constants in the sense constants
have been understood in PHP.
If I understand correctly "constants" are 'assistance variables' -
long expression

Relation missing.
I put as label 'Constants (for setup)'

"constants" are nothing stand along - adding 'for setup' adds relation
information.

Setup is IMO as such misleading - configurations?

'Assistance variable for configurations:'

'Configurations:'

Better semantics, yes.