[TYPO3-hci] Usability in end-user manuals and training

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Jul 17 19:21:26 CEST 2006

Hello list!
I am not sure if I'm posting to the right list, but from the posts I've
read here I get the impression that one of the most important things in
user-satisfaction and motivation is the correct training and the correct
end-user manuals. This point is stressed again and again on this list.

So my question is: How do you structure the end-user manuals for your
customers? How do write them? What do you think is important and what
not? Which elements proofed to be successful and which teaching
techniques tend to fail?
The same goes for on-site training. What is the usual structure of your
training lessons? What do you do to motivate people?

I'd be really interested in your answers, maybe sharing your experiences
with the community could help a lot in improving the overall training of
end-users.

Cheers,
Ro