[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 hci teams

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Wed Aug 9 13:37:53 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Yes, you can have an answer from me. I'm not busy with long hopeless
> threads at the moment.
Wow. An answer by Kasper *my dreams come true ;)*

> On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:32 , Andreas Balzer wrote:
>
>> Hi to everyone!
>> We currently have a team, trying to describe the different users and
>> user roles. They are creating a catalouge for a long term.
>>

> You mean the HCI team? Yes, correct.
Yes. That nice team, where i'm working in ;)

>> But what's about TYPO3 4.5? I mean only having a catalouge doesn't help
>> if we do not try to solve these problems with solutions. Therefore i
>> would like to know, whether any news are there about a team coordinating
>> possible inventions and the development of TYPO3 4.5?
>
> All news is on this list and so there are none.
I think it would be better to have a team organizing everything. I mean
a mailinglist is fine, but noone really tries to get it 'ready' for
another TYPO3 version.

> Problem: Its summer, I have practically been busy with other things and
> will still be until september when I will return.
Yeah. I noticed that.

> course someone are coordinating it and using the wiki) and if its my
> leadership that is required it will return in september. So I don't see
> a problem.
I think it would be possible, that someone does that (maybe the
Extension Coordinating team?) In my opinion it's neccesary to get things
done - fast.

>> This team could collect and list all the wishes the TYPO3 users have and
>> ask developers to code special extensions for the different aspects of
>> TYPO3 4.5. We have to take care about, that the roadmap for TYPO3 4.5
>> wants to have an "Ease-of-use: Redesigned interface", which means, that
>> possible the whole skin architecture has to be rewritten. Both the old
>> fashioned GET/POST way _and_ the new AJAX method have to work together.
>> I think this is a lot of work. And if we want to get TYPO3 "shipped" out
>> by winter 2006, i think we have to start - start right now.
>
> I think I gave a little response on the R&D meeting in June which was
> that we will not have a grand 4.5 version but rather a series of small
> ones.
This is true and nice. But in the end, 4.5 is something what people
expect as "final". The order in which this version is made can be
dynamic of course. But in the end, the 'product' is TYPO3 4.5 not 4.4 or
4.3.. In my opinion this versioning is nice and keeps the TYPO3 users
waiting for the next version, but it does not make any difference to the
endversion.

> Anyway, you are right; we must find out what the solutions should
> be. But we can start by assigning them to the various 4.1, 4.2 etc
> releases and take one at a time.
The ECT could do that (maybe?!?)

> Lets continue this discussion in september when I'm back - OR even
> better; come to T3DD06 this weekend and participate in the HCI sessions!!
>
> (Are you coming Andreas?)
Well, i'm not coming, because i currently do not have the money to
travel around. I'm waiting for a new computer ;) Don't you want to do
the next big meeting in Erfurt, Germany ;) (or in Illmenau, Dresden,
Leipzig, ....  :) )

Counting the days 'til September ;)

Andreas