[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 hci teams

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Aug 8 19:10:02 CEST 2006

Hi Andreas,

Yes, you can have an answer from me. I'm not busy with long hopeless
threads at the moment.

On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:32 , Andreas Balzer wrote:

> Hi to everyone!
> We currently have a team, trying to describe the different users and
> user roles. They are creating a catalouge for a long term.

You mean the HCI team? Yes, correct.

> But what's about TYPO3 4.5? I mean only having a catalouge doesn't
> help
> if we do not try to solve these problems with solutions. Therefore i
> would like to know, whether any news are there about a team
> coordinating
> possible inventions and the development of TYPO3 4.5?

All news is on this list and so there are none.

Problem: Its summer, I have practically been busy with other things
and will still be until september when I will return.

course someone are coordinating it and using the wiki) and if its my
leadership that is required it will return in september. So I don't
see a problem.

> This team could collect and list all the wishes the TYPO3 users
> have and
> ask developers to code special extensions for the different aspects of
> TYPO3 4.5. We have to take care about, that the roadmap for TYPO3 4.5
> wants to have an "Ease-of-use: Redesigned interface", which means,
> that
> possible the whole skin architecture has to be rewritten. Both the old
> fashioned GET/POST way _and_ the new AJAX method have to work
> together.
> I think this is a lot of work. And if we want to get TYPO3
> "shipped" out
> by winter 2006, i think we have to start - start right now.

I think I gave a little response on the R&D meeting in June which was
that we will not have a grand 4.5 version but rather a series of
small ones. Anyway, you are right; we must find out what the
solutions should be. But we can start by assigning them to the
various 4.1, 4.2 etc releases and take one at a time.

Lets continue this discussion in september when I'm back - OR even
better; come to T3DD06 this weekend and participate in the HCI
sessions!!

(Are you coming Andreas?)

- kasper

> Waiting for answers.