[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Waldemar Kornewald wkornew at gmx.net
Thu Aug 3 13:01:00 CEST 2006

On 8/3/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> > In your opinion Plone is not approaching it? I mean, creating a news
> > item is as easy as clicking "Add" -> "News Item". Creating a page is
> > as easy as clicking "Add" -> "Page".
>
> That could cause *extremely* irritating situations. I would hate plone
> if that is the only possibility because there is then just two options,
> which both are bad.
> a) put page as sub-page - really irritating
> b) put page after existing - works in most cases

In Plone pages must be put into folders, so the page will always be
added at the same level as the current page. To create sub-pages you
must create a new folder. I must say that I don't like this scheme.

For TYPO3 we could have two items in a simple drop-down menu:
"Add" -> "Page"
"Add" -> "Subpage"

Another suggestion:
Pop-up menus are somewhat evil and annoying. Skeletonz uses a nice
alternative concept with in-place pop-ups (the developer calls them
"grey pop-ups", I think). Please click one of those "Show Me" links or
the "Login" link:
http://orangoo.com/skeletonz/
Those pop-ups should probably not be used for huge pages, but
functions like "Info" or even "Add record" could probably be shown in
such an in-place pop-up dialog. It would be a nice indicator of the
connection between the current context and the previous context (nice
feedback)...if there is any connection of course.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald